Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6-15-2011 Pole Vaulting

Hey Everyone! Today was the first practice in months where I got to jump with other vaulters. It was awesome! I Jumped on a pole that was cut from a 14'9" 185# 6.0 inch flex down to a 14'2" pole. I held at 14'1" I am not sure what that equals in pounds and flex but this pole was to stiff from 5 but it was fun to jump on. I am sure if I had been feeling a little bit more fresh and not as tired I could have worked it a little better. But I am going to start running from a 6 stride so next Wednesday when I go back to summit I can jump on the 14'9" 185# 6.0 flex It is the same pole but not cut down. I think it will be a good pole for me. I need to move my step back because I have been at a 5 stride for way to long. I miss longer runs.
                                                                                  
                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment