Thursday, March 31, 2011

3-31-11 Drills/Sprint Workout/Vaulting

Hello!!! IT WAS SO WINDY!!! Today I went down to the track  after I had done a short pole vault circuit. I was planning on just a sprint workout and some pole runs but I ended up getting to vault after!! I went from a 3 step and I would say it went very well from taking two months off from vaulting. My legs were very tired from the workout but I just wanted to vault. I am doing somethings better. Drills are the best thing ever!! Anyways here is what I did today.
Pole Vault Circuit
1)Holding "I" Drill- 2 Reps
2)Ring Swings- 6 Reps
3)Mini Hurdle Drill W/Pole- 3 Reps
4)Ring "L" Up's- 6 Reps
5)Pole Drills- 3 Reps each
6)Bubka Extensions- 6 Reps
7)Extension Drill (Short Pole)- 6 Reps
8)Rope Climb- 3 Reps
Sprint Workout
6x50meter (alternating between a 20 pound sled and without the sled)
Pole Runs from a 9 step w/sliding box- 3 Reps
Pole Vault
3 step vaults on a 14' pole
P90X:Yoga X
Swiss Ball Pelvic Exercises
Roll Out                                        
                                                                           The Video
                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Scott!
    Do I detect a slight bend in your bottom arm as you drive your chest forward...? ;)
    Seems to result in a very nice rise of the hips and lots of penetration. Keep up the good work
    Tom

    ReplyDelete