Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3-29-11 Pole Vault Circuit/Sprint Workout

Hello!! Today was a very rainy day. It made some of the drills more difficult due to the mud. I am really focusing on moving my hands quicker during my plant. I think I am starting to but I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I also broke my sliding box. Plywood is not as strong as I thought. I fixed it by just setting a brick where I punched a whole through. The Mini Hurdle Drill W/pole is pretty challenging since I am moving a lot quicker. This will really help my turn over though. As for my sprint workout I really feel like I am getting faster. I also found out some great news today!! The high school in my town is going to allow me to jump and use their facilities. I wont get to compete in any meets but at least I will get to train and jump. I think I will start jumping Sunday! I will be doing straight pole drills and probably some distance vaults. I cant wait!! Here is what I did today.
Pole Vault Circuit
1)Ring "L" Up's- 6 Reps
2)Handstand Push Ups- 2x3 Reps
3)Grass Drill- 6 Reps
4)20-20's- 6 Reps
5)Ring Swings- 6 Reps
6)Plant Drill(Short Pole)- 6 Reps
7)Extension Drill(Short Pole)- 6 Reps
8)Back Roll to Clearance Drill- 6 Reps
9)Rope Climb- 6 Reps
10)Mini Hurdle Drill W/Pole- 6 Reps
11)Pole Drills- 6 Reps each Drill
12)Rope Drill- 6 Rep
13)"I" Drill- 4 Reps
14)Holding "I" Drill- 2 Reps
Sprint Workout
6x100 Meters(2 minute rest between)
Swiss Ball Pelvic Exercises
Roll Out/Stretch

                                                               The Video
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment