Monday, February 7, 2011

2-07-2011 Practice

BRRRR!!!! Today was the first outdoor practice. It was spitting snow while I warmed up then stopped and the sun kind of peaked out once I started vaulting. I just did some straight pole drills and some distance vaults from a 3 step. I am doing some good things but really need to focus on my straight pole drills. I have the same problems in my straight pole drills as in the vault(Go Figure) so I am going to really be focusing on straight pole drills for a couple weeks. As for my swing I feel like it is getting better but I still have a lot of things to work on. After vaulting I did a few drills on the rings and high bar to show one of the vaulters things to work on. It was a good little session. This weekend I am going to the UW Open meet. I am going to train through it because I am looking to jump high at the Oregon Twilight which is in May. I will be training through a lot of my meets. Although there will be a few meets before the Twilight that I will ease off for. Here is the video from today.
                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment