Sunday, February 6, 2011

1-05-2011 2nd Meet

Hey so the meet went really well. I wanted to jump 16'+ but jumped 15'. I am really happy with my vaulting. I have still a lot to work on but i am doing a lot better this year. Next vault practice I am going to work on the usual quicker last steps, more relaxed left arm at take off, and a fast powerful swing to the top of the pole. I also am going to work on staying tight on top. I spread out at the top and lose all my energy. Well here is the video.
                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Nice jumping Scotty! Maybe you didn't clear the height you were after, but you are covering the pole better than ever. Keep up the good work! You just need to re-learn the top end now that you are at the top of the pole while it's still bent.
    Your poles are still at the fieldhouse if you want to practice tomorrow at Summit..you will want to pick them up. I will be there around 3:45 after I pick up Jack from school, then I work at 5:15.
    Nice job amigo
    Tom

    ReplyDelete