Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1-26-2011 Practice

Hello fellow vaulters! I wish the best of luck to all of the people going to the summit this weekend. I could not afford the trip so I will be jumping at my own little mini meet on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun! Like I said yesterday, I am just going to continue my normal non-meet week workout schedule and just hope to get some decent vaults in Saturday. I will be going outdoors next week on the 2nd. I hope the weather stays nice like it has been(probably won't). This is the earliest I have ever went outdoors which is not all that bad considering the indoor place where I am jumping now only allows me to go back to a 5 step, so I am looking forward to going back to longer runs and going up poles. My goal is to get back to a 9 step this year. Last year I only made it to a 5 step and the year before that an 8 step. I am excited to just go to a 6 step considering I have not jumped from a 6 or longer in over a year. As for today's practice it went pretty well. I was feeling a little tired and tight going into practice but after warming up and taking a few jumps I started to feel better. I was just working on quick last steps and like always my swing. I was blocky today but still was doing some good things. I have a lot to work on but thats the good part! Here is the video from today.
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment