Monday, January 24, 2011

1-24-2011 Practice

Hello guys, hope the vault training is going good for you! Today I had a day that felt like an off day because I was sore from lifting the day before. I went from a 5 step on 15's today. I think I did some pretty good things on top(for feeling the way I was). I was pretty blocked out with my left arm today on a lot of my jumps, at least more then the previous two practices, but I was starting to extend up the pole today pretty well. also I am sorry but I did not get any warm up drills only a couple 4 step vaults. I will try and start being more constant with that. I just hate disturbing peoples practice to have them record. I will ask them Wednesday if they think its annoying for me to always be asking for them to record. Anyways what I am trying to achieve with my technique is  1) A great run/pole drop 2) Great plant/Take-off(Outside) With a straight but relaxed left arm so I still can hit elastic and be able to swing to the top of the pole. I just am having a hard time swinging correctly. I know I block in a lot of my vaults but I have seen people swing really well that block(Tarasov), but also on the rings i struggle to swing well (IMHO). I will post video on here tomorrow of me trying to swing on the rings. I am open to advice. This is something that I think I can really improve on. It will allow me to start doing what I want to be doing in my vaulting career. I just want to learn and become the best jumper I can be. Also post links to the videos of you guys jumping. I like to watch new vault videos. Its one of my ways of learning.
                                                Keep reaching for your goals!
                                                                Scott Elliott
                                                 Well Here Is The Video From Today   
                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Good work Scotty! No worries about the filming...just that it's tough when I am trying to coach 20 people, vault, and watch my kids at the same time!
    It will be way more chill once we move outside (literally, ha ha)
    See you soon
    Tom

    ReplyDelete