Monday, January 30, 2012

1-30-2012 Pole Vault Practice(RTB)

So today was a fun day at practice, even though my swing is still not where i want it, but that is vault for ya. I am focusing on keeping my hips moving up. Its hard to tell when you cant go frame by frame on YouTube; however, my hips stop rising for 3 to some times 5 frames. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. We are just going to keep trying new things every practice until something clicks. I feel like my drills on the rope and rings are good, but then I get to the pole and it doesn't happen like in the drills. Its really frustrating, but i know that i am making progress and it will happen one of these days. I have a meet on the 4th and i want to jump 5m at it. I am going to train through this meet considering it is a low key meet and still very early in my season. Here is the video and I hope you enjoy.  
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment